You and your team are invited to participate in Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s 2019 Patient Safety Fair. This year’s theme is “Be Stronger Together: Patient Safety is a Team Sport.”
The fair will be held at the following locations and times:
- Lancaster General Hospital, Stager Conference Center: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 16
- Women & Babies Hospital, Large Conference Room: 2 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 17
- BURLE, Conference Room 1: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Friday, April 19
If you have any questions, please contact Kayla Cook, 717-544-1016. Please refer to the Patient Safety and Quality StarNet site for photos of previous displays and additional site-specific details.
Culture of Safety Survey starts April 8
Beginning April 8, all clinical staff will receive an email from a third-party vendor, Beterra Health, inviting them to participate in a survey to assess patient safety at LG Health. The email will be sent on behalf of Dr. Deborah Riley, Patient Safety Officer, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health.
We have used feedback from previous surveys to develop ongoing improvements to our patient safety culture at LG Health, including:
- Surgical Services and WBH implemented Crew Resource Management for our patients, teams and providers.
- The Emergency Department created standard work for patient reports to the inpatient units, placed LPNs in the waiting room, and redesigned the ED entrance to enhance both employee and patient safety.
- WBH made staffing practice changes for RNs in the Labor and Delivery unit.
- Pharmacy added additional evening shift resources and underwent LEAN projects to standardize and streamline the product preparation process.
- A Critical Incident Response team was developed as a resource to support employees during times of stress and emotional exhaustion.
Please respond to the confidential survey, which will be available online from April 8 to 29. The survey should require only about 10 to 15 minutes of time.
If you have any questions regarding this effort, please contact Dr. Deborah K. Riley, Patient Safety Officer, or Lisa Brosey, Director of Patient Safety.
Do Your Part to Improve Patient Safety:
How to Correctly Identify a Patient
Witnessing a Consent