Our Preventive Cardiology and Apheresis Clinic helps people of all ages lower their risk of cardiovascular disease by managing risk factors including high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high blood sugars, obesity, and smoking.
We are one of only a few practices in the nation to offer onsite lipid apheresis treatment for people with extremely high cholesterol levels who do not respond to, or cannot tolerate, cholesterol-lowering drugs. The treatment works by passing blood through columns that absorb LDL cholesterol.
Our team meets with patients one-on-one and also schedules shared medical appointments to facilitate discussion among people who have a common condition.
- Cholesterol management and advanced cholesterol testing
- Specialized help for patients with cholesterol medication intolerance
- Familial hypercholesterolemia counseling
- Lipid apheresis treatment
- Risk assessment testing: calcium score, hs-CRP, lipoprotein (a)
- Risk-factor education
- Risk-factor assessment for heart and blood vessel disease
- Lifestyle modification, including exercise and nutrition
- Screening Program