When you’re a new mom, it’s challenging to get everything on your to-do list accomplished — and time to exercise can quickly get deprioritized during a long day of feeding and rocking your little one. This 20-minute workout will help you optimize your time, as it’s designed specifically for wearing your baby while you exercise. Because of the added weight of your baby, this workout is recommended for mamas who are 10-12 weeks (or more) postpartum.
Follow along as I guide you through this full body babywearing workout focused on strengthening your muscles and getting your heart rate up. All you'll need is one dumbbell (a band might also be useful for modifying certain moves), your baby, and your baby wrap or carrier. Your little one will probably enjoy this workout, too!
We will uses a Descending Ladder approach — meaning that we will complete 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, then 2 repetitions of each of the following movements:
- Single-arm bicep curl to press (right arm)
- Single-arm bicep curl to press (left arm)
- Lateral lunge to reverse lunge
- Bent-over dumbbell row OR standing band row to remain upright (right arm)
- Bent-over dumbbell row OR standing band row to remain upright (left arm)
- Kneeling to standing