Frozen Yogurt Bites Are Healthy and Fun to Make
February 5, 2021
Create a fun, frozen treat that is not only delicious, but healthy too! Not only will the whole family enjoy eating this calcium and protein-filled snack, children of all ages will have fun preparing our easy-to-make bites. Even young kiddos can help measure and stir ingredients, fill the tray or mold with berries and yogurt, and pop in the freezer.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Freezer time: About 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours
- ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (regular whole milk can be substituted)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ to 1 cup fresh red raspberries (sliced strawberries or dark Bing cherries can be substituted)
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
Equipment needed: Ice cube tray or heart mold.
Note: Frozen berries can be used instead of fresh, and vanilla Greek yogurt can be substituted, just eliminate the honey and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, stir together yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Drop one raspberry and two blueberries into each ice cube section or mold (add more berries to your liking depending on mold size.)
- Spoon yogurt mixture over berries and fill to rim. Tap down the ice cube tray or mold to remove any air bubbles and make the top smooth.
- Freeze several hours. Remove yogurt bites from ice cube tray or mold. Serve immediately, or store in plastic container in freezer until ready to eat.
Version Two (use red berries only):
- In food processor, add yogurt, 1 cup red raspberries, milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Process or pulse until desired smoothness.
- Pour into ice cube tray or heart mold. Tap down to remove any air bubbles and make the top smooth.
- Freeze several hours. Remove yogurt bites from ice cube tray or heart mold and serve immediately, or store in plastic container in freezer until ready to eat.
Makes 8 servings of 2 yogurt bites (2 oz.) from ice cube tray; or 12, 2-oz servings depending on size of heart mold.
Per serving (two ounces): 62.7 calories; 2.8g total fat (1.7g saturated; 0.0g polyunsaturated, 0.0g monounsaturated); 33.8mg sodium; 9.4mg cholesterol; 8.0g carbohydrate; 6.9g sugars; 0.3g fiber; 1.9g protein; 96.8mg potassium.