Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has announced recent changes to the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees set policy governing the operation of LG Health and oversees the work of six board committees.
D. Michael Wege was named Chairperson of LG Health’s Board of Trustees. Wege, former Chief Administrative Officer of The Hershey Company, most recently served as Chair-Elect of the LG Health Board of Trustees. Wege succeeds Philip R. Wenger, who led the board from 2016-2018. Wenger will remain on the board.
Six new board members include:
- William Adams, MD, will serve on the board as the President of the Lancaster General Hospital Medical Staff. Dr. Adams is also a physician with Lancaster Emergency Associates.
- Keith A. Kasper, MA, is the current Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
- Francis J. Manning, MD, is an ophthalmologist and partner at Manning, Rommel & Thode Associates. Dr. Manning also serves as chief, division of ophthalmology, and president, board of managers, for the LG Health Physicians’ Surgery Center.
- Edward Monborne, CPA, is the current Chief Executive Officer at RKL LLP. Monborne was appointed to the LG Health Audit and Compliance Committee in 2016.
- Neal Salerno is the current President of Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories. Salerno was appointed to the LG Health Quality Committee in 2017.
- Jordan Space is the current Market President of S&T Bank – Central Pennsylvania. Space was appointed to the LG Health Finance/Capital Allocations Committee in 2016.
“We are pleased to welcome new members to the LG Health Board of Trustees,” said Jan Bergen, President & CEO of LG Health. “This group of talented leaders has a true passion for improving the health and well-being of the community, and will enrich the board with their diverse experiences and expertise.”
John M. Anderson, PhD, Thomas E. Beeman, PhD, and Frederick C. Beyer, III, MD, have stepped down from their board roles. LG Health recognizes them for their contributions to the health system and the community.