Lancaster General Health is an equal opportunity employer. Persons are accepted into our Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program without discrimination, regardless of race, gender, age, religious affiliation, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or disability. Equal access to educational opportunities is extended to all qualified persons. Applicants will be evaluated for readiness to learn and provide ministry in this setting.
The CPE student must:
- Possess sufficient physical and emotional health to deliver pastoral care
- Demonstrate the capacity to consistently establish and maintain relationships at significant levels
- Be open to learning, change and growth
- Demonstrate a capacity to endure at least moderate amounts of stress, which is a normal part of institutional culture
- Possess computer proficiency since our charting and tracking of visits is done via computer
- Have the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
The ACPE Certified Educator reviews all applications, on a rolling basis, until all openings are filled.
Applicants receive a letter or email acknowledging receipt of the application. At the educator’s discretion, the applicant may be invited to an admissions interview. If so, the references on the application are contacted. After the interview and review of references, a decision is made and the student receives a letter or email either accepting or declining the application.
Applicants to the residency program are required to fill out a Lancaster General Health application, and submit references to human resources, in addition to completing the CPE application.
Apply to the CPE Program
The standard ACPE Application form can be used, or you can download and fill out the CPE Application Form.
Please email your application and attachments to CPE Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 717-544-1151, or mail to:
CPE Admissions Clinical Pastoral Education
Lancaster General Hospital
555 N. Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Unlike some CPE centers, we do not charge an application fee.